Monday, May 11, 2009

Welcome to RSA

So today was the first day of my internship at Robert Sharp & Associates. I'm working with the video and animation section of the company, called BBM Studios. The first day was pretty basic. I got the grand tour of the offices and was introduced to enough people that I'm definitely not going to remember very many names tomorrow. Then I was given a few minor tasks to do. I logged two tapes from an earlier shoot, set up a more recent tape to be captured for editing, and got started cataloguing all the video and audio equipment so the studio can start renting them out. I'll be working on that some more tomorrow, then we'll see where I get to go from there.

I made a quick visit to several TV studios after work this afternoon and picked up some applications. I'll be filling those out tonight and making the rounds again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to set up some part-time work fairly quickly.

In other news, it looks like I might get paid for the internship after all! Nothing's certain yet, so I can't celebrate till after all the paperwork goes through. Apparently South Dakota recently started a program where the state will give money to companies who hire interns for the summer. My supervisor didn't find out about it till very recently, so I'm filling out the paperwork tonight to see if I can qualify for that. I would be absolutely thrilled if it works out!

Nothing much else is going on for the time being. I'm reading through one of my textbooks for next fall, "Making Documentary Films and Videos" by Barry Hampe. I'm pretty darn excited for that class. Reading the book makes me want to go out and film something, so I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to enjoy the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment