The past couple of days have been fairly relaxed. The main thing that's going on is the scramble to get a script/talent/locations ready for the new commercials we're starting on next week. Other than that, I've been editing a 30-second spot for a local restaurant. That actually received official approval yesterday, so it'll be sent to the TV stations soon, and that'll hit local television this week I think. It's an exciting feeling, knowing that something you've worked on personally is out there like that. We also got approval on the other Reptile Gardens commercial, the one with all the crazy green-screening that had to be done. We were just a wee bit nervous about that one at first, because we knew that if they wanted any changes made to it before it went out, it would take us forever, because we only keyed out the footage that was being used in that particular edit. So that was a relief, getting approval for that one.
Today I'll be working on a digital billboard in After Effects. In addittion to TV commercials, that's another thing that my supervisor does a lot of work on. Basically, instead of just a static image to be put on a billboard, it's an 8-second animation to be placed on a digital motion billboard. Pretty fun stuff, I get to put my graphic design into action as well as learn some After Effects animation. I know the basics of key-framing, but it takes a heck of a lot of work to actually get something looking nice!

No comments:
Post a Comment